Sign-up now to join a holiday step squad! Participate in this team step challenge for a chance to win the golden shoe, bragging rights, and other surprise prizes along the way.
You should have received a Team assignment email on November 29th with instructions to meet with your team to develop a Team name. This name was submitted to Heka and all team names are within the registration process of the app. When you register for the Challenge, please make sure you select the correct Team name. If you did not receive a team name, please reach out to Kate Kienzle or Molly Radcliffe–Grimm.
The Maritz Global Events Wellbeing Challenge starts on Thursday, December 1 at 12:01am CT and ends on Friday, December 16 at 11:59pm CT.
Participants can take step data directly from their own personal Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Watch or the built-in step trackers on supported iOS and Android smart devices via Apple Health or Google Fit. The Heka Well Challenge app collects step data throughout this challenge and creates a dynamic experience for you.
Bonus: Participants can earn bonus points by completing the Bonus Activities. You can earn over 36,000 Bonus Points to help you push you and your team up the leaderboard.
How to Join the Challenge
1) Download the “Heka Well” Challenge app
2) Set up your Challenge account
- Launch the Challenge app and select “EM Wellbeing” from the list
- Complete the in-app registration process.
- Select the Team you have been assigned and compete with other Teams based on average points. View the Team rankings along with the rankings of your teammates in the Team Leaderboard. If you did not receive a Team assignment, please reach out to Kate Kienzle before the start of the Challenge.
- Pair your step tracker
- Anyone can track their steps using their smartphone* by pairing with Apple Health on iOS or Google Fit on Android (make sure Apple Health or Google Fit is installed on your phone before pairing)
- Heka Well also imports step data from Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Watch
3) Start stepping!
- To sync your step data to the Challenge app, select “Tap to sync steps” at the top of the Summary screen
- Please make sure you are actively logged into the Challenge app and SYNC YOUR STEP DATA FREQUENTLY, AT LEAST ONE TIME PER DAY as some data sources will not provide step data that is over 24 hours old
- Note that your steps will only count from the time you first pair your tracker